Monday, July 7, 2008

Kristin's prayer


I've been meaning to get on here and write about this for quite some time now and I'm just now getting around to it! For over a month now Kristin has been very concerned about who she'll be marrying when she gets older. I'm not sure why - maybe it's because of all the fairy tale endings in all those Disney movies that she loves so much! It all started over a month ago when she asked, "Who am I going to marry when I grow up?" I replied, "We'll just have to pray and ask God to give you a good Christian husband when you grow up." So over the course of a few days, I kept overhearing her praying (before meals and at bedtimes) for a good Christian husband. At the end of those few days, she finally said "Mommy - we can tell Shawn Shawn (Shawn is Kristin's cousin - one of Tony and Angie's kids) about how Jesus died on the cross for us and that He loves us and that He is the only one true God! Then Shawn Shawn will believe in Jesus!" And I replied, "Uh - yeah we can do that (I wasn't sure where she was going with this)." She went on to say, "Then I can marry him! Will he be a good husband?" I then had to remind her that Shawn is a cousin and we aren't supposed to marry people in our family. She looked really disappointed and let out a sigh. Then she said (in a hopeless tone of voice), "Now what am I going to do? Now we have to keep looking for someone for me to marry!" She was SO disappointed! It was sad and yet hilarious at the same time!!! So ever since then, she always reminds us to pray (at every meal and every night before bedtime) that God will give her a good Christian husband "who loves God and loves his wife and family." Hahaha!!! She's so cute!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hahaha!! I can't believe she is so concerned with who she is marrying! I love growing up with all these little girls around! They come up with the funniest things ever!

Awww...that is SO adorable!