Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kristin Graduates to Level 1 Silver!

Yesterday we celebrated a momentous occasion... It's something you've all been waiting for (okay - well maybe just Kristin)! That's right folks - Kristin graduated from Level 1 Bronze to Level 1 Silver in Gymnastics! She was SO excited! Just one tiny step closer to the Olympics!! ;) She takes two classes a week, so she has two different coaches. The first three photos/videos are from Wednesday with her female coach and then the rest are from Friday with her guy coach. They had a Winterfest performance on both days and on Friday she received a certificate showing she's ready for the next level. Awww yeah! That's our little athlete!! :)

I didn't get to video a lot of Wednesday's routines because Katie was all over the place and my camera was acting up. Rrrr...crusty camera! To be honest, when I was watching Kristin - I wasn't thinking, "This is AMAZING!" I'm proud of her of course, but there's only so much she's capable of at this point. But when I watched the other girls in her class (who are about 1-2 years older than she is), she's doing so much better than they are!! I thought I was maybe just being biased, but then another Mom told me the same thing, so it has been confirmed by an unbiased observer! Kristin seems to take gymnastics much more seriously than the other girls do. She's so cute!!

Kristin doing her floor routine


Waiting for the awards ceremony


Getting her award! She's so cute! She was waiting to see the flash from my camera and didn't know I was videotaping it instead (I had to stop videoing, so she didn't keep standing there)!


On the bars


On the beam (I felt so bad for her when she fell near the end! It was so sad!) :(


She does better the second time...


Floor routine


Yay! She's ready for Level 1 Silver!!


Getting her Winterfest Award!


For now she's looking forward to taking 3 classes a week starting in the spring. We'll let you know when she moves up to the next level...Level 1 Gold!! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay!!! Congratulations Kristin!!!!! I want an Alamo gymnastics, hmph.

Awww, her little floor routine is SOOOO cute!

I love how she's walking across the beam on her tip toes, how cute. (I hear that little bratt in the background whining, "She's just walking..." blah blah, whatever turd!) Awww, she feel...how sad! (That's right, I write these in "real time" haha!)

Congratulations my little pookie butt, I am so proud of you!