Thursday, December 6, 2007

Kristin turns 4!!

I can't believe it! Our little Kristin-poo is now 4 years old! Where did the time go? I wish I had kept a blog back when she was a brand new baby, so we had a log of everything we've done with her up until this point. Sniff sniff. I hate having regrets!! :( Oh well - I guess all that really matters is that we love her and we have thoroughly enjoyed having in her in our lives. Don't get me wrong - she can be VERY annoying at times, but what kid isn't?! She's growing up so fast! Soon she'll be in school and she'll forget all about me. Ha! Like that could ever happen! Seriously - who could forget about me? I'm great! ;) I am amazed though at how much older she seems now. It's like it happened overnight! She didn't seem so old when we brought Katie home from the hospital 8 months ago (like I would have imagined her to seem compared to a tiny little baby). It only seems like she's gotten older and bigger within the past few weeks. It makes me want
to cry!

Me and my Kristin-poo


Anyways - our little cutie turned 4 years old on November 25th (3 days after Thanksgiving). First thing that morning, we headed over to the portrait studio to have our family picture taken (like we do every year). After a horrible session, we bought our crummy pictures and headed back home to get ready for Kristin's birthday. Kristin said she wanted cupcakes instead of a cake, so I made cupcakes the night before. I wish I hadn't asked. I would rather have made a birthday cake. Of course a cake takes more work to decorate, but cupcakes look so boring! I didn't try to convince her otherwise though - because I was exhausted from just having done Thanksgiving and we were still busy entertaining Michael. But now I wish I would have just sucked it up and decorated a cake instead. She had a Tinker Bell themed birthday party with just the four of us. She ate half of a cupcake and then she was ready to open presents. She was thoroughly excited about opening her presents this year! Last year she'd open one present and want to stop and play with it before moving onto the next present, but this year she was ready to go to town and rip them all open and then play later. Greedy little girl. ;)

Jason and his little women


Cheese!!


Kristin blowing out her candle


Jason sneaking Katie her first cupcake...


Nothing beats a good party favor...


It doesn't take much to amuse Katie...


"I've always wanted this! Thank you Grandma Christie and Grandpa Neil!!"


"Thank you Great Grandma Jackson!!" I don't think Katie is enjoying someone else getting all of the attention...


"I've wanted this for so many years! (Ha! I think these have only been around for a few months. Months must seem like years to toddlers!) Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Capra!"


"I love Little Einsteins! Thank you Mommy and Daddy!"


"Oh! Stuff for my new pony house! Yay! Thank you Mommy and Daddy!"


Of course the camera battery died and I didn't have any new ones to replace them, so we didn't get any pictures of her last couple of presents from us. We also got her a sink and cupcake baking set to go with her cottage and Prince Eric and Princess Ariel stuffed dolls (that she has been wanting forever).

The next day we put together Kristin's cottage - which she rarely comes out of now...


She looks so girly in her little house...


All in all - little greedy girl had a great birthday and she loved all of her presents. Hopefully this next year won't go by as fast as this last one did, so we can enjoy what little time we have with our little cuties...while they're still cute. ;)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to my little turd!! I miss her so much! I can't believe how big these girls are. We will have to move together just so we are not sad and lonely when they leave us!

I liked your pictures, I thought they were very cute! At least you aren't lazy like me and never do pictures!

Wow!! The rose petal cottage, very chic! We are so coming over to play...how's March for you?

She does look so girly! How cute! I'm glad my little sweetie had such a great birthday! Love to Kristin from all of us!

Laura said...

P.S. You need to update your Target wishlist! Why are you being such a slacker?? j/k, I love you!