Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our little Kristin-poo

Here is a couple of video clips of Kristin. The first video is of her reading her first book and the second video is of her during one of her ballet classes. It isn't the best, but it was the only one I was able to film before my battery died. :( Have I mentioned before how much I hate my camera? ;)

Don't be expecting any video clips of me in my ballet class! I'll never agree to such a preposterous display of humiliation! I know you're all dying to to catch a glimpse of me in my tights and leotard (who wouldn't?), but I won't be making any debut appearances any time soon! ;)

Kristin reading her first book

Kristin in ballet class. You can't miss her - she's the only blonde-haired girl in the class


They've just started getting ready for the June recital. I think it has something to do with The Little Mermaid. I still haven't decided whether we're going to have her participate or not. If money wasn't an issue, I'd definitely sign her up - but since money is always an issue (argh!), I'm not quite sure what to do. It looks like the recital will last about 4 hours! Eek! Of course it includes the whole ballet academy, but I'm almost 100% positive that the 4-5 year old portion of the recital will be comprised of a whopping 5 minutes of show time at the very most. So....I'm not sure if the $135 recital fee is worth the trouble that it would inevitably inflict on our budget. What's a parent to do? I don't think Kristin (or the rest of her class) really even knows about the recital or realizes that it's any big deal. I might just wait until the wintertime - when the next recital is scheduled. We'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is too cute! I remember her running around in Hawaii. Isn't it nuts how fast they grow up. I love her little pink tutu video! I wish I could look that cute in a tutu. And Good job on her reading her first book. That's amazing! She's not even in kindergarten. Good job Kristin!

Laura said...

RRRR, it erased my first post!!! RRRRRRR!!!

Anyways...AGAIN

YAY!!! My little Kristin Poo!!!!! She is so cute reading that book! What are you using to teach her? I just had to laugh at the Sam sat on Mat, Mat sat on Sam...it was too funny!!

It is really nice that you get to choose whether to be in the recital or not, I wish I would have had that option >=/

Kristin looks so cute in class! That blonde haired little girl is pretty easy to spot! How rude of them to have blinds on their windows, though!

Love you!