Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter Weekend

We spent Easter weekend at Jason's Aunt Shelley and Uncle Jim's house up in Dallas. Saturday morning we all got up, got ready, ate breakfast and then headed out to the lake to take a ride on Uncle Jim's boat and jet skis. Jason, Aunt Shelley, me and the girls stopped by Walmart first to pick up some sweaters and life jackets for the girls. It was beautiful out, but just a tad bit chilly!
We met Uncle Jim, Mike and the kids at the dock. After Uncle Jim filled up the tank with fuel, we headed out! Jason and Mike took their turns on the jet skis. I tried taking pictures and filming, but it was a little difficult to keep the camera steady while the boat was moving, so the videos didn't come out that great. That and the jet skis go so fast, the people on them end up being tiny spots in the distance in no time! Oh well - I tried anyways.
Jason took Kristin out for a little while and she loved it! I was surprised she didn't want to stop sooner - with the water being as cold as it was! Katie seemed to enjoy herself too. Her hair was blowing all over the place while she spent most of her time watching the jet skis from the boat while they made waves in the water.

At the dock getting ready to go on the boat!


Katie-poo


Kristin-poo


Jason getting ready to take the jet ski out...


Mike is either constipated or giving me his serious-looking pose - I'm not quite sure. ;)


Kristin and Aunt Shelley


Me and the girls are ready to go!


Kristin and Marissa


Aunt Shelley and Becky


I don't remember what I was laughing about, but it must have been funny!


Uncle Jim and Katie taking the boat away from the dock


Jason taking Kristin out for a ride on the jet ski


Mike doing another pose...


Me, Becky, Rissy and Katie


Jason and Kristin


Jason and Kristin on the jet ski



Katie entertaining herself


Mike, Jason and Katie


Me and Katie


Aunt Shelley had packed some things for lunch, so we ate sandwiches and some chips and dip while we were on the boat. After we docked the boat, covered it up and loaded the jet skis, Aunt Shelly and I went grocery shopping for dinner. When we got back to the house, Uncle Jim started grilling ribs while I got to work on Katie's birthday cake. Since she seems to love all the Elmo toys she sees at the store - I thought I'd make her an Elmo cake (that and I already had an Elmo cake pan from Kristin's 1st Birthday). I had forgotten how much I hated making Kristin's Elmo cake and I soon remembered when I got to work on the frosting. I always prefer homemade frosting to store bought frosting, but I do so HATE making it! It's not so much the making it as it is the tinting it different colors - especially if I have more than one color to tint! Ugh! I had so much trouble getting the right red color! I think I almost used a half a bottle of red food coloring! Which explains why everyone had red stained teeth - and also why Katie had a diaper full of red tinted poo the next morning!! ;)

Anyways - it took me freakin' 3 hours to finish decorating the cake! Everyone had eaten dinner long before, but I couldn't stop until I was finished! So I ate dinner afterwards at around 1030pm. I was so hungry! For some reason, Katie woke up (which is unusual for her to do after she goes to bed), so we just decided to throw her a birthday party at 1045pm at night! Which worked for me because I didn't realize until after I started the cake - that I didn't have anything to cover it with when I was done! Like it mattered anyways - when I was finally done, Kristin thought she'd help me out by covering it with a bowl... and the sides of it got all smeared and nasty looking! Sniff sniff. All of that hard work! Oh well - it was destroyed and eaten up within 10 minutes anyways, so who cares!

Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday!





A lovely family picture ;)


That's a little bit better...I suppose...(besides Kristin's red frosting dyed face) ;)


Micah, Mike and us


Katie looks totally lost


Present from Grandma and Grandpa Capra


Present from Mommy and Daddy


Presents from Great Grandma Jackson


Presents from Grandma Christie and Grandpa Neil


The next morning was Easter! We woke up to a scrumptious breakfast prepared by Uncle Jim and then we went to Aunt Shelley and Uncle Jim's church for their Easter service. We came back home for Kristin to do a quick egg hunt (of plastic eggs filled with candy) inside the house - since it was too cold for an outdoor egg hunt. But I'm sure it was no where near as cold as most parts of the country! This is probably one of the warmest places to do an Easter egg hunt! If we can't handle the cold here - we won't be able to handle it anywhere! I think the main reason we didn't do it outside - was mostly because Jason was too cold to go out and hide the eggs... And Kristin happily agreed that he should hide them inside the house. Tisk tisk.

This is what Jason wore to church...it was so humiliating! I don't know who was more embarrassed - me or Jason's cousin Mark (this is his letterman's jacket). He made us look like high school couple with 2 kiddie-poos! ;)


Kristin on the hunt for her candy-filled easter eggs


Hunting...


Kristin shared her candy with everyone and it was all eaten up within a few minutes!


After all the candy was eaten, we packed up the car and headed back home to San Antonio. But before we did, Mark and Mike thought they'd perform a couple of duets at the piano. One of the songs they performed was Colors of the Wind from Disney's Pocahontas. It was hilarious!

Mark and Mike's Duet


On the way home, we were quite disappointed that Ikea had closed early for Easter. We were really looking forward to another round of meatballs! Dang blast it! Before we all went to bed, the girls opened up their Easter boxes from Grandma Christie and Grandpa Neil, Grandma and Grandpa Capra and Great Grandma Jackson. Kristin and Katie were delighted to find that there was more candy involved... ;)

Sorry this was such a monster post! But it wasn't my fault! We had such a busy couple of days and I'm no good at getting to the point! That should come as no surprise to any of you! Am I right? ;) We had a fun Easter weekend at Aunt Shelley and Uncle Jim's...of course! We hope you all had a great Easter as well!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

How fun!! I wish I had a boat...

Your cake was very nice, Tricia. You know you could have just smoothed that icing all over it and made it a lot faster. It was beautiful anyway =)

Poor little Katie. She looked so scared when Jason was yelling like that! Drew would have been screaming!

AHahahaha!! Where was Jason on this duet?! I can't believe he didn't get in on this! I love the Capras...they are all hilariously crazy!