Friday, September 11, 2009

Random Tidbits

I thought I'd get on here and write a little instead of waiting a whole month...or three! :)
So we weren't very busy in August after getting back from Virginia. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened - besides me trying to rid my house of junk, so I could get more organized before starting up 1st grade with Kristin. And Jason and I have taken up dating...with each other that is!! So far we've gone out about 3 Fridays in the last month! We've only made it as far as the bowling alley on base, but it has been so much fun! We love spending time with our little kiddie-poos, but I think it's important to spend a little one on one time with the ol' hubcap! Who wouldn't want to spend 3 solid hours with ME??!! I mean seriously!! ;) Oh! And Jason's Uncle Lou and Aunt Lynn were in town for a little bit, so we spent a little time with them as well - which was of course a lot of fun!!

Having fun bowling with Jason - even though I knew I didn't stand a chance of winning! ;)


He doesn't understand why I'm taking pictures. Come on! This is our first date in a really long time! Seriously! This is a big deal!! ;)


Obviously I'm excited about losing...because I was doing horrible!!


Jason has to look away from the camera - apparently this is the only way he can keep himself from closing his eyes. You'd think someone with an M.D. could figure out to keep his eyes open for a picture!! ;)


Hmph!!! I won't go so easy on you next time Jason (a.k.a. Edward)!!! You'll see!!!


Aunt Lynn and Jonathan with the girls at Sea World


Some crazy woman diver feeding the sting rays...Eek!


Out for some Mexican food with Uncle Lou and Aunt Lynn


Aunt Lynn with the girls


Katie isn't too sure about Jonathan - he looks too much like Jason's brother Jake (who isn't very nice to the girls), so Katie didn't trust him - even though he was nothing but nice to her. Poor Jonathan...


Katie with Uncle Lou


Sometime in the middle of the month, my Momroo felt like spending a little too much money at Gymboree, so she could send the kids some new outfits! It makes me feel SO bad when she does this sort of thing (especially when it isn't for anything specific - like a birthday, Christmas or some other holiday)! The girls were ecstatic about getting something in the mail though!



Kristin is very excited about getting new clothes!


And so is her crazy sister Katie!!


Aw...my cute little nerd girls!! ;)


We hit the mother-load!!! ;) Seriously Mamoo - this was too much!!! I mean - doggies with plaid matching travel bags? Come on!! ;)


Even bald boy gets some of the spoils!!


He looks adorable in all of the outfits! Good job Mommy!!!


Aw! They look like nerdy little school girls!!! How cute!! :)


Jason's brother Mike was also in town on a TDY from Oklahoma, so he stayed with us while he was here. It was nice having someone at the house for a few days - especially since Jason was working the night shift for 2 weeks. I hate being in the house all alone at night!! But it stinks that Jason wasn't home to spend time with his brother!! Mike did have a chance to go to the hospital and pretend to be a doctor with Jason for a night though! I had him dress up in some of Jason's old scrubs, so he could look the part (well - sort of...the hat doesn't really go with scrubs). ;)

Mike taking a "family picture" to make Jason jealous that Mike was stealing his family time. ;)


I also took Kristin to swimming lessons for 2 weeks in August. It was a tad bit lame though. She already knew how to do everything the life guards were teaching, so they tried to tailor something just for her, but it still didn't seem like much of anything. The nice thing about it though - was that since I was taking her to swimming lessons at our gym, I was able to check Katie and Caleb into the kid watch thing while I sat and waited for Kristin. That gave me a chance to catch up on some reading - something I never seem to have time for!! It was SO relaxing not to have to chase or tend to anyone! It's nice to get a little break every now and then!! The fun part was watching Kristin after the class was over. I let her run around on the Splash Pad after every class. She ran around like crazy squealing with delight! It doesn't take too much to amuse her - she's a lot like her Mommy...I suppose. ;)

Kristin thoroughly enjoying the Splash Pad


She was crazy!! She was running all over the place, dancing, skipping and singing to herself.


My cute little spaz... ;)


Cute little turd!


Jason and I both came home from work and gymnastics to find Michael hard at work in our kitchen cooking us a feast of homemade meatballs and sauce with pasta! Mmmm...yummy!! Was my kitchen a disaster afterward?? Of course it was!!! But it was worth it! Any day where I don't have to make dinner is always worth it!! ;)


I must step away from the computer for the time being to tend to my animals (er...kids) and then get some much-needed sleep, but I'll be back soon... or so I think anyways!!! ;)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for always making me laugh, my Tricia-poo!