Sunday, November 18, 2007

Update: Kristin and Katie

Kristin is turning 4 years old next Sunday! I can't believe it! The years have flown by so fast! She seems so much older to me now. She has known all of her ABCs for quite some time now, but now suddenly out of the blue, she just started writing her letters all on her own. I'm always pointing out letters to her, but I hadn't started encouraging her to write anything yet! She started doing this about a month ago. They're all very read-able letters too! It's crazy! Hmmm... whate else? Oh - we read Kristin's Bible every night after her bedtime story. A couple nights ago, we read about Jacob and Esau (in her new Bible). At the end of the story, there was a little devotional section. This one had something to do with what we're supposed to do when we have a disagreement with a brother, sister or friend. We confess it to God and ask Him to help us get along and be nice to one another. Then it gives you an activity to do with your family. This one was: "How well do you know your family?" It was supposed to be a guessing game - where you ask your family members what they think your favorite things are, but instead I just asked Kristin the questions about herself to see what she'd say. The questions in her devotional were:

1. What's my favorite color?
She said, "Pink is my favorite!"
2. Favorite game?
She said, "My dog game!" (Nintendogs on Jason's Nintendo DS)
3. Favorite food?
She said, "Waffles and sausage!"
4. Favorite animal?
She said, "Dogs!"
5. Favorite place to have fun?
She said, "The playground!"
6. Favorite movie?
She said, "Little Einsteins!"

I thought for sure she was going to say her favorite food was chicken nuggets, french fries and chocolate milk (a.k.a. McDonald's Happy Meal). And I thought for sure that she was going to say Sea World was her favorite place to have fun. 2 out of 6 isn't too bad right? I think I know her pretty well...for now at least!

Kristin's short soccer season has already ended. It only last about 5 weeks. She was so excited to get her first medal and certificate. She's looking forward to starting gymnastics or ballet soon. She wants to do both, but she can only do one and I don't know which one I want to put her in. Gymnastics sounds like more fun to me, but ballet seems less dangerous doesn't it?












Here are a couple of pictures that Kristin drew on her Doodle Pro:

She said, "I drew a picture of me and Katie!"

And then she said, "I drew a picture of Jesus!"


That's it for Kristin. Now onto Katie. She's going to be 8 months old in a couple of days and she's still as lazy as ever! She still expects us to feed her, change her, bathe her and entertain her. She definitely isn't pulling her own weight around the house and it's really starting to get annoying! Who does she think she is??!! ;) No seriously - she's getting sweeter by the day! Of course she's still a whiner-baby, but she makes up for it with her cute little crooked-mouth smile and the twinkle in her eye! She's so cute! I just want to squeeze her and pinch her! She's even cute when she (annoyingly) wakes me up every morning! No matter what, she's always wide awake and ready to start the day at 7am. I don't need an alarm clock - I have Katie (only she doesn't have a snooze button - dang blast it)!



She's still trying to get the hang of crawling, but she's getting there! She's mostly doing the army man crawl, but she gets her knees up there every once in a while and bounces back a forth a few times before falling over. I can never seem to capture it on camera. Here's a very short clip of her (from a couple days ago). It's not the best, but it was the best I could do! Katie is very difficult to film - she always stops whatever she's doing, so she can stare and smile at the camera. It's so funny! Jason says she was born to model. We'll see if that's true or not next Sunday when we go in to get our family picture taken. Anyways - here's the clip:



Oh my goodness! It's after 2am - I have to get to bed! Katie is going to be waking up and expecting to be entertained in less than 5 hours. What have I done?! Ugh...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Kristin looks SO cute in those soccer pictures!!! She has so much hair now! If you put her in soccer, I would think you wouldn't be worried at all about danger =) Gymnastics and ballet are not as dangerous as soccer. Especially at that age, gymnastics is not more dangerous than ballet, and actually Heath won't let me put Hailey in serious ballet later on because of all the problems he saw in ballerinas. I would ask, what about gymnastics, you get hurt a lot doing that too...but, he didn't have anything to say about that. Weird huh?

(I love that kicking picture of Kris, it is perfect! Good form!)

Oh my gosh, I just want to smoosh her. She draws pics of her and her sis!)

Haha, that was so funny, we always bribed Drew with food too! Love you!