Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jason's photo session

Jason isn't one to pick up a camera and go to town with the clicking. However, once or twice a year, he gets a little click crazy for no apparent reason. He takes pretty good pictures for someone who only uses a camera every once in a great while. I, on the other hand, take a little too many pictures all too often...but they still never seem to come out very good (at least I don't think so). I guess I need to add photography classes to my extremely long list of things I'd like to do!
Here are some of the pictures Jason took during one of his rare photo sessions this past weekend - while we were out (of all places) at an outdoor mall. He's so silly... Maybe he was inspired by the lovely weather we were having that day or maybe it was the small patch of pretty green grass that we found (which was a nice change of scenery in comparison to the mass quantities of dead grass we find EVERYWHERE here in San Antonio).

Katie's first time in the grass


She loves it!


Posing for the camera


Kristin's Little Mermaid pose


"This is embarrassing Jason!"


Kristin doing a jump for Daddy


That's one cheesy smile Kristin has going on here! Sheesh!


"Hurry Jason! This is so comfortable!"


Shortly after our photo session, we moseyed over to the closest Costco...for some of their yummy samples of course! I really don't think we've gotten a whole lot out of our membership there (as far as shopping goes). Our membership would be a total waste if it weren't for Costco's mass quantities of samples! If we had more money and some storage space - I would really enjoy shopping there! That's for dang sure! ;) So this is a picture of Jason throwing Kristin way up high whilst in the parking lot. Kristin gives it her own personal style by doing the splits while she's midair...

You've got to have huge meat hooks to throw a kid this far up in the air! ;)


The girls LOVE it when Jason spins them and throw them in the air! While Jason throws them up in the air, he sings (in his best Gaston singing voice), "La la la boom dee a!" First he throws Kristin, then Katie crawls over to him as fast as humanly possible and then she sings - "La la la buh!" - as she awaits her turn to get tossed. It's so cute! I'll have to get a video of it before she stops doing it!

Here's a clip of Jason throwing Kristin. Don't mind the squeal at the end of it - that's just me falling off of the curb as I tried to film the toss. How humiliating... :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how Kristin's little mermaid pose is followed up by your little mermaid pose. Ha! You make a cute mermaid, Tricia!

I'm glad you warned me about the end of that clip - I would have thought that he'd dropped her or something. Scary! Jason should set up a "throw your children in the air" booth at a fair or something.

I love reading your blog - you guys always have so much fun!

Laura said...

So cute, nope I see you didn't chop her hair, ok. Very nice Trish. Ahh, I miss nice weather. Man that is high! Did you say what I thought you said?? Tricia, tisk tisk ;)

P.S. I have a cute video to share of Hailey playing Twinkle Little Star on the piano...I will upload it asap. I do have some suggestions for those books, too. I will get on it!

Tricia said...

Wait Laura! What did you think I said? I didn't say anything bad! I promise! I can't wait for your suggestions!