Monday, November 17, 2008

Fall Party and Halleluia Night!

To save time, I'm going to skip the rambling and continue with picture titles - like I did in my last post. Don't worry your pretty little heads - I'll be sure to ramble away in my next post - like I know you want me to. ;) I just have to get this done, so I can get caught up!

So to celebrate this lovely Fall weather we've been having, Kristin and I decided to have a Fall Party and make our annual caramel apples (with our apples that picked up at the orchard). This time we added frosted pumpkin muffins to the menu - maybe next year, we'll actually try a recipe from scratch...instead of from box. ;)

Kristin is ready to go!


Lining the muffin pan


Pumpkin Muffins out of a box?! Tisk tisk Tricia...that is so not Susie Homemaker... ;)


Adding the eggs... (I can always count on my Kristin to be cheesy for the camera)


Mixing the batter


Scooping up the batter to go into the muffin pan


After that we added some chopped walnuts to the tops and they were ready for the oven!


While the muffins cooked, we got started on the caramel apples


Putting the sticks in place


Are we cheesy or what?! ;)


Dipping the apples into melted caramel


Kristin takes a turn


Then we rolled our caramel apples into chopped peanuts


Now they're ready to eat!


Cheers!


Just in time for the pumpkin muffins!


Let's eat!


Jason gorging on his pumpkin muffin


Time to get ready for Halleluia Night at church (our church's alternative to trick or treating)!


Me, Kristin (Sleeping Beauty) and Katie (Daisy Duck)


Jason and our little cuties


Katie is very excited about getting candy...


Candy time!


Now onto something else...


Katie deep in thought... ;)


We couldn't wait any longer to eat with the smell of food in the air, so we stopped walking around to eat some hamburgers, hot dogs and nachos!


Some young kid dressed up as Pastor John Hagee (let's be serious folks - you can't be a scrawny little kid and pull this look off). ;)


Kristin about to ride her first ride of the night


Then onto her second...


The rest of our visit was devoted to the various bouncy houses all over the church property. The girls couldn't get enough!!


...especially Katie!


Kristin and her uncooperative little sister posing for a picture


Katie's favorite thing to say now: "Hahahaha!! Daddy - you're so funny!" If that isn't an understatement - I don't what is!! ;) When is Jason not being funny or joking??!!


Ah...two exhausted girls being carried off to the car. The perfect end to a perfect night. :)


Okay - so that's it for my catch up posts! Stay tuned for my next post titled "Our jubilant return to Portland, Oregon." Yes - we finally went to visit my parents, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, Grandma and even a couple of cousins! It had been almost 3 1/2 years since we were last there, so we were kind of due for a visit. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How freakin' cute are your kids?! You should always dress them up in costume. Every day! I can't wait to see this baby boy.

Unknown said...

And you're looking pretty hot, yo'self, Mama!

Laura said...

Mmmm, pumpkin muffins...

I made caramel apple cookies...easier to eat, but probably not easier to make! Why can't we live by each other?!

(Nice timer pics =)

Awww, my little cutie poos!! I just love them so much!