Saturday, November 15, 2008

No longer disappointed

The day after Election Day, I was talking to Jason's Mom on the phone about the election results. Unbeknownst to me, Kristin overheard me telling her Grandma of my disappointment (my main concerns being that Obama will most likely not be working to uphold values that are important to me and that he'll also decrease military funding and/or downsize it altogether).  After I hung up the phone, Kristin said, "It'll be okay Mommy, we'll just pray that Obama has Jesus in his heart!" I was immediately convicted of my angry and untrusting heart and realized that I had let my anger get the best of me - causing me to lose my focus.  It's okay to be disappointed about something, but complaining and whining about it won't change anything at all!  The best thing I can do is pray that God will be guiding and directing our next president in his decision-making concerning our great nation. God wasn't caught by surprise over the results of this election!  If he didn't want Obama to become the next president, there isn't anything that could have stopped Him from altering the election results (nothing is too difficult for Him)!  So I'm not going to continue being disappointed about our president elect.  I'll just continue to pray - for him, our country and our brave men and women in uniform and everything will be okay.  God is in control.  

This past Sunday, we were in Portland, Oregon visiting my family and we were at church with my parents (at the church Jason and I used to go to while we were going to college).  At the end of the service, the pastor said, "It doesn't matter how our 401K is doing or how our money in the stock market is doing. It doesn't matter whose presidential candidate won or lost last week. The only thing that matters is that our Lord God reigns."

It's okay to be disappointed about something, but we shouldn't let it get the best of us. All we can do is pray, move on and trust that God had everything under control.  :)  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post, Tricia-boo! There is always a bright side when we remember God is on our side! I love to hear about Kristin speaking truth into your life. It's very refreshing!

Laura said...

I love my Kristin poo. I am trying not to be disappointed...now I am moving on to hope. The hope that I can eat my words and we were wrong about Obama and he will be a great president.

Other things I am disappointed about are not so easy to move on from...