Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch and Kristin's 1st Pet Fish

This is completely ridiculous! I have had these pictures uploaded for quite some time now and I just can't seem to find the time to add some wording to them!! Argh! For my sanity's sake, I'm just going to add some titles to the pictures and nix the rambling paragraphs that I'm so well known for. ;)

On our way to the Pumpkin Patch (an hour from home), we finally arrive in Bandera County where they appear to be very McCain-ho! :)


Darn they're closed! I resorted to signing up for more information on how to get a hold of some of those McCain/Palin lawn signs and bumper stickers.
Add Image
Finally, we made it to the Pumpkin Patch!


Kristin picks out her pumpkin to paint


Me and the girls begin working on our pumpkin


I may appear to be having fun, but man did my knees hurt kneeling on that bumpy dirt!! ;)


Jason takes a turn painting with Kristin


Kristin and her finished product


Kristin and Katie taking a stroll through the hay maze


A slightly cheesy posed picture of me and the girls


Jason and the girls figuring out where the bridge led...to a tiny island in the middle of a swampish-pond


Yay! The swamp pond! ;)


Me and the girls petting a cute little pony...Katie was extra excited about this little guy!


Jason and the girls petting a baby chick


Thankfully, Katie didn't squish it...too much...


Jason and the girls running to pickup our pumpkin (which had long since dried), so we could head next door to the Love Creek Orchards Patio Cafe for lunch!


Time for our annual Fall Gorge (where we gorge on anything apple)! For starters - homemade Applie Ice Cream


Next - Apple Strudel (the best I've EVER had)!!


Then - onto Apple Walnut Cake


Want some?? ;)


Now it's time for some meat! Smoked bacon hamburger with pepper jack cheese on sourdough - with chips... and an apple wedge of course.


Kristin went for the grilled cheese and chip combo


Ugh! Too much food!!!!!


The only way to finish off a lunch full of apple-related fare...is with a cup of Apple Strudel coffee. Mmmm...


Taking a breather from lunch before we get back in the car


My little cheesy Kristin - always ready for the camera


After the long drive back home, we decided to stop by Petsmart to buy Kristin her first pet fish. Yeah yeah yeah - a cute little puppy or kitten would be much easier to love and cuddle with, but I'm just not ready. Kristin was more than happy with the idea of having a pet fish, so we decided to try it out.


Kristin accepting her new pet fish


Preparing the fish tank for Kristin's new pet...she named him Comet (because he was a Comet Goldfish)


In you go - you stinky little fish!


I wonder how long it will take for her to get bored of him...


She's was most pleased with her new pet...but that didn't last very long...Comet died less than 24 hours later. What the heck?! A week later we bought 2 new fish (June and Annie). Annie lasted one day and June soon followed Annie's fate...when we put her in our outdoor fountain (and Jason forgot to turn off the pump)... Oopsies...


Kristin's first progress report from her Advisory Teacher (we mail in a progress report along with a sample of Kristin's school work every 20 lessons and the advisory teacher replies with support, guidance and suggestions). At first, I was like "What?!" She recognizes more than A-T!! She can recognize and write A-Z! But up to this point, the curriculum had only gone as far as T, so the teacher isn't saying that Kristin doesn't know U-Z - we just hadn't covered those lessons by the end of the first progress report.


Kristin is very pleased that she completed a 160-piece puzzle all by herself. "It's for 6 year olds and I'm not even 5 yet!"


That's it for now. I have to get started on adding some titles to the pictures in my next post (and yes - they're pictures that I've had uploaded on here for quite some time as well and haven't gotten around to). What can I say? I'm a busy wife and homeschooling Mom with a baby on the way!! Cut me some slack!!! ;)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Did Kris really paint that pumpkin herself?? It's looks a little more like Tricia...

Aww, Jason's golf shorts..hehe ;) (remember?)

Lovely picture Tricia...yeah, you know which one I'm talking about =)

Yay..you finally filled the tv! I still want one of those! -Aww, Comet, like the dog on Full House!

OH NO!!!!!!! How completely sad!

Haha, good for her on the puzzle...=)

Now get on it woman and finish your previous stuff so you can tell me about your trip!

Love you so much I could smash you!! Hugs and kisses!